How to avoid bad smell coming from mouth?

My mouth has a bad smell what do i do? i dont no from were the smell is coming from in my mouth i went to the Dentist but they dont no from were the smell is coming from. this was happeing for two years now .the small come when i am taking and it comes all the time 24: 7 people from far a way can smell it smells like what i eat. i Show gum nothing happens. the smell comes out in the morning more when i eat it goze then after 5 min it comes Again . in school when i go people make fun of me i dont no what to do every were i go the smell comes with me.And i am 33 years old.plz plzplz help me .and thank u for helping me. oh and i tried every thing so the smell would go. thank u.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
Bad breath from oral cavity is called halitosis.
The common causes of halitosis is poor oral hygiene, gum inflammation, dental caries, any abscess in the oral cavity.
Go for a complete dental check up to look for any dental caries or gum infection or inflammation.
Learn the correct technique of brushing. Brush twice daily once after breakfast and once after dinner.
Floss your teeth regularly.
Avoid odoriferous food items during day like onion.
Rinse your mouth regularly after eating anything.
Use mouth fresheners at regular intervals.

Try all these measures and observe the results.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal