How to arrive dead space and what are the parameters I should consider while designing home filter in a cost effective manner ?

Dear Sir, I am a Design engineer, working in a health sector company in coimbatore.Now i am designing HME Filter for a cost effective manner.We outsourced filter element from U.S.I have doubt in the calculation area,how to arrive the effective dead space? and what are the parameters ,i want to consider and i want to know formulas for that.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response

welcome to health care magic

Actually this site is meant for doctor patient conversation. To solve the technical issues, please consult an expert.