How soon can a home pregnancy test be most accurate after missed period ?

How soon does can an at home pregnancy test be most accurate after you have already missed a period? I am 22 years old and have been taking oral contraceptives for about 4 years habitually now. I recently had a month where i was completely not taking the pill due to missing a week of pills , i was waiting to start my new pack after my period. But my period has not come yet and it has been about 6 weeks since my last period. I have been sexually active and not used a condom once but used the pull out method two weeks ago. I have tested for the past two weeks and all have been negative. I most recently tested last saturday morning and it was negative again. I have not had sex since then and still no signs of a period. Im currently taking vivanse which is a form of adderol. is there any chance that could affect my reading? or is it too soon to have an accurate read on an at home pregnancy test? if so when s the most accurate time to test if you have already missed your period?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011