How soon can I get pregnant after a laparatomy ?

i just get a laparatomy done. can i get pregnant again? if yes how soon can i try to get pregnant
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
you underwent a laparotomy -for what?It is better to have rest for complete healing of wound,usually a few weeks. You can entertain conception any time after that if you are regularly ovulating and everything is ok.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Julianna, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You haven't mentioned for what reason you underwent Laparotomy? Yes, you can get Pregnant again if your periods are regular. It means, you are ovulating on time and you will have better chances of conception. Speak to your Doctor.

Good Luck.