How soon after miss-carriage i can conceive safely ?

hi.. we are married for 10 months. i was pregnant soon after marriage but as my husband was not prepared for baby we did medical termination using pills in august 2010. then i conceived again in march. everything was normal till 6th week but then i misscarried at 6th week 5 days due to no heartbeats on 15th april doctor did D and C procedure. now i am not bleeding nor having any health complaints. my question is how soon i can again try to conceive? doctor asked to wait for 6 months but i dont want to as i am 26 now and husband is 30. this will be our first child and time is running. please suggest. my mother and in-law says its better not to wait much as my body is perfectly ready for baby.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Apr 2011

It is advisable to follow your doctor's advice and wait for 6 months before attempting to conceive again.

If you feel you want to conceive earlier, I would advise you to wait for at least 3 months before trying to conceive.
OBGYN Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic. you should try and wait for atleast 4 to 6 months before you conceive again. you must get yourself investigated to find out the cause of your misscarriage. do not worry too much about your age,its ok you can conceive. many women have their first baby only when they are 30. a woman's fertility begins to decrease only after the age of about 35 years. after 30 it decreases slightly. ait for some some and then try to get pregnant again.