How much time does it take to heal a wound after grafting ?

Hi my brother in law had a wound and the doctors removed the puss around it making it a large wound now At present he is to do dressing of the wound 3 times a week and they say he will have to go through a grafting My question is how long does it take to heal after a graft Hi my brother in law had a wound and the doctors removed the puss around it making it a large wound now. At present he is to do dressing of the wound 3 times a week and they say he will have to go through a grafting. My question is how long does it take the wound to heal after a graft
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Hello.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
The time taken by the skin to take up the graft depends on how well your skin adheres to the grafted skin and how large is the wound, how good is the antibiotic cover. The thinner the graft the better it is. Usually it takes 10-15 days.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.