How much (mgs) sodium is ok on a daily basis ?

I've cut out sugar, white flour and now I want to regulate my sodium intake, I'm 6'2 190lbs and very active & healthy.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
I don't think there is a magic number. You actually need about 1500mg/day over the long haul. If you keep it under 2500mg, you should be fine, and you can do that by paying attention to food labels, not adding salt in your own cooking, and taking care when eating in restaurants. Once you have done these things, the foods that have added salt will start to taste overly salty to you, and you can easily cut them out over time, as well.