How much blood do they need for a hematology test ?

Asked On : Tue, 6 Jul 2010
  Anonymous's Response

hello

welcome to health care magic

1.5-2ml of blood is sufficient for complete hemogram. If some biochemical tests are also needed then serum has to be extracted for which collection of upto 5 ml of blood is sufficient to carry out all the tests.

take care

payal
Hi Sophia,
just 5ml of blood is drawn for hematological investigations.
Not more than 5 ml is required for test.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
Hello.

Usually 1.5-2ml of blood is sufficient for complete hemogram. If some biochemical tests are also needed then serum has to be extracted for which collection of upto 5 ml of blood is sufficient to carry out all the tests.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
Hi Sophia,
It depends on the investigation but usually less than 5 ml is sufficient for hematology investigation