How many days it will take for him to recover from typhoid ?

My husband is diagnosed with typhoid. He is 31 years old. One month back he had dengue. He is having high fever from 5-6 days and has been admitted in hospitalalized.His body temperature is usually high and he has cough and also stomach pain after having food . Doctors have started antibiotics and medicines. His diet has also become very less. He is on leave for more than 1.5 months now. My question is that how many days it will take for him to recover from typhoid ? And is the pain in stomach (upper right corner) after having food is normal in typhoid( they found in ultrasound that size of gall bladder is slightly bigger than normal) ? Also what food has to be given ? and any suggestion or precaution ?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Aug 2010