How many days it take for conjunctivitis to reduce?

i am having conjunctivitis from 5 days i am taking eye drops still it is not reducing how many days will it take to reduce conjunctivitis
Asked On : Thu, 17 Sep 2009
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
There is always a need of reassessment in case of delayed response.There is always a possibility of a mistake in the diagnosis,or some complications developing and they have to be treated accordingly

Depends on whether it is bacterial or viral.Bacterial conjunctivitis will go off in 2 days with appropriate antibiotic treatment.Viral conjunctivitis may take upto two weeks.

For detailed info visit

it will take two weeks for conjunctivitis to resolve if you are using only drops. so use tablets also the conjunctivitis will get cleared fast
Conjunctivits usually settles with in one week, so continue the medications. See your doctor if not getting better
  Anonymous's Response

Conjunctivitis goes off in 2 to 3 days, ofcourse it happened to me twice only. wash the eyes and put the drops and do not go out this was all told by my doctor earlier.