How many days after rupture of follicle there is a possibility of getting pregnant ? doctor conducted follicular study and suggested rupture started at my 15th day and stay together with husband.but all of a sudden my husband got some work and out of station for one is my 16th day...can i know how many days there is possibility to get pregnancy after rupture started.please suggest.Thank you.... nandini
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
normally once ovulation has occured, the egg can survive for 24 hours. So, once the rupture started, the next 2 days are considered to be fertile. So, it is advisable to have planned relations for 2-3 days around the time of ovulation.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Good luck

2 users find this helpful

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Praveen Tayal's  Response
After the follicle has ruptured, the chances of pregnancy are there if you have intercourse within next 48 hours. Later than that, the chances of conception are negligible. The chances also decrease as the time increases.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

3 users find this helpful