How long would it take for infection to set in after a splinter stays in the finger ?

how long would it take for infection to show up after a splinter is in a finger? The splinter is under the fingernail , and I couldn t get it all out. I m pretty sure some is left in, and want to know when infection would, if it s going to, set in.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
It is best you get it removed by a Doctor at a Hospital under antiseptic precautions. The infection will manifest soon. Do not delay. You may also require oral antibiotics.