How long will this fever last ?

I started my period yesterday, 39 years old, not on birth control, and my periods are much more painful since going off birth control over a year ago. I am running a fever of 101.3. I have no other symptoms other than uncomfortable due to period. I am drinking a pint of water every hour. How long will this fever last?

Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Presence of fever may be because of infection and very unlikely due to the pains.. You may need evaluation for the cause of fever and the treatment plan.. Generally fever will subside in 2 to 5 days time, if there are no other complications..