How long will it take to heal gangrene of a diabetic patient ?

Please can i get more light on this? My last post was about my dad having edema and an ulcer wound , and i got responses that he needed medical attention. So we took him to the hospital and he was confirmed to have gangrene. Now the right big toe was cut off and the wound still wont heal. But the swollen leg has reduced to the feet level. We are asked to do a color doppler, we did and it came back normal. And honey is being used in the hospital to treat the wound daily. So i want to ask, how long could it take to heal fully? and why is the second toe looking dark colored when the color doppler says the limb is normal? Pls help, i will post pictures later.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Nov 2011