How long will it take to conceive after stopping overall tablets ?

Hi Doctor .. This is Manjula. im using the over all tablets from one year.. now we are planning for a baby.. how many days it will take to get a pregnancy ... can you please tell me..
Asked On : Mon, 22 Aug 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Ovrall tablet prevents pregnancy. You need to take it as your Doctor advises probably to regularise your cycles. Once they regularise you can plan for baby. It will take few months for this. Do you have Ovarian cysts. To plan for baby you need to have sex on the days close to, during and after ovulation. Ovulation takes place on 14th day prior to next expected date of menses. For 28 day cycle, ovulation occurs on 14th day. Have sex in this case on 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th days to increase chance of fertilization.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
The time taken to get pregnant depends on many factors and a thorough evaluation is needed to rule out any pathology. If everything comes normal and you regularly meet during fertile days then you should be successful in 6-8 months.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal