How long should I continue tablets for heartburn and burping ?

Dear Doctor, i had a severe heartburn for 15 to 20 days and i was continuously blurping and i thought that its an heart attack and went to a cardiologist and he asked me to check up my cholestrol leven and after checking it up my tdl is 310 and he has given me medicines clopelate, nitrium and lipicure. i am taking these tabs regularly. now i am alright. but whether i can continue these medicines or discontinue them, or is it a problem of my stomach . please answer and thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Feb 2012