How long ruptured follicle(eggs) alive in a body ?

Hello, I got a ovulation report and report said ruptured follicles found in a body on 14th day with ET is 8.4 .Doctor said to contact with husband on 14 and 15 days but at that time my husband was busy so we tried but am not sure about pregnency so what we will do?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
thanks for choosing health care magic.Dear this is unfortunate part of story that you are asked to have relations mechanically but at the same time your doctor is not at fault.Normally after rupture for next couple of days chances of eggs getting fertilized are higher.So you have to have relations during this time.You can try for a day more as it is not going disturb if at all the pregnancy has occur.But you have to follow the time table at times.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
After the follicle has ruptured it is best to have intercourse within 12 hours to have the best results. ET of 8.4mm is not very good and you might need some hormonal support after ovulation for the fertilised egg to get lodged in the uterus successfully.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal