How long finger will swell after stung by honey bee? Medical advice required?

Hi there. I was stung on my right index finger 3 days ago by a honey bee. My finger is twice it s regular size and extremely sensitive. It burns really bad anytime I bump it. How long should it swell? I ve taken antihistamens and iced it alot but nothing has helped. It s much warmer then my other fingers too. Should I go to my doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Thank you for asking question on health care magic
after bee sting usually it takes 7-10 days for the swelling to become normal
in addition to ice packs and antihitamine, better take ibuprofen also
Hope this answer will serve your purpose
Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH
Associate professor of pediatrics