How long does it take to heal after a getting stitches ?

how long does it take to heal after a getting stitches on your head? i had to get about 30 stitches on my head (just above my temple) a month ago due to a car accident. some were removed and some were the dissolvable ones that are still in my head. the areas around the stitches feel a little off... sorta like bruised and/or feel like the numbing medicine is still working. also, once in awhile i get these weird pains/ pressure right where the stitches were. is this normal? will is go away?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011
Hi
The normal time for removing stiches on the head are 5-7 days.Scalp wounds heal fast and within a month.There might be occasional twinge/pain at the site but not long term.If you have swelling,discolouration,discharge etc you need to consult your doctor.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.