How long does it take to completely recover from fusion related incision ?

I had my upper cheek and gum fused after a dental implant failed and gum didn t heal properly. Last august cut was made to separate the fusion and two weeks ago a dental hybrid was placed in my mouth. My right side feels great but my left side (formerly fused) feels constantly irritated (almost like frost-bite). How long does it take for complete recovery from fusion related incision? Is there anything I can do to get rid off this irritation besides taking lysine (i also suffer from chronic oral herpes )?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012