How long does it take to clear up Eustachian tube dysfunction?

How long does it usually take to clear up eustacian tube dysfunction? I have had this for a while & my ears are partially "popped" right now. I have that muffled sound in my ears & the pressure is there as well. I can't lay down, because the pressure in my ears gets too uncomfortable. This all started with a cold & then progressed into something called negative pressure in the middle ear. It did get a lot better, just not cleared up all the way. I am currently taking a nasal steroid as well as clariten & Sudafed.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013