How long does it take for levels to taper off after stopping HCG drops?

I have been off and on the HCG diet this year..I lost 67 lbs and still have 45 more to go. Last year my cholesterol was near 200. Did not start meds. just HCG. Lost weight expected by numbers to go down. LDL 183, HDL 263, now my doc wants to put me on cholesterol meds and CoQ10 immediately. Research says that plaque breaks up during HCG regiment and levels will spike and then level off. I have not taken HCG in 50 days, physical was last week. How long does it take for levels to level off after you stop taking HCG drops? Should I start taking cholesterol meds (I don t want to take them for the rest of my life). My dad dies of Heart Disease at 74, I am only 52
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012