How long does it take for a bad bump on side of head to heal completely? Be concerned?

How long does it take for a bad bump on side of head to heal completely? my son is 5 and fell a few weeks ago, he had a bad goose egg on the side of his head. he did not black out and seemed fine. it sent down in a few days. I noticed when he got a haircut this week that side of the head still feels like a bumpy, different from the other side of his head. he seems fine but I didnt know if this things take a long time or if I should be concerned. thank you for any advice.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013