How long do i have to keep the stitches for tarsal tunnel in my foot ?

Hello i just had a surgery on januray 01/102010 i had tarasl tunnel in my foot and how long do i have to keep the stiches in there iam walking and going to school i am doing good the only thing is they get very tight and itchy i would like to take shower . My nam is karen johnson
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Twenty six days are enough for stitches to heal. You can easily remove your stitches now. Itching is a sign of healing. So it is normal. You can show your stitch line to the doctor who operated you after removal of stitches.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal