How long after starting birth control pills can you have unprotected sex ?

How long after starting birth control pills can you have unprotected sex I m a 19 year old female who is a first time user of birth control pills, the birth control pills that I use are called ( family planning pills) Microgynon ED Fe I believe this is a combined pill that contains levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol i took my first pill on the first day of my period or what i thought was my period( my last period started on 18/03/11 and stopped on 28/03/11, I had unprotected sex on the 29/03/11 and I took the first dose of postinor 2 immediately after n the second dose 12 hours after the first dose and my next period started on the 04/04/11(this was not spotting but bleeding not too light not too heavy)) I was recently told that this bleeding was just a side effect from the pill(postinor 2.) If I keep taking my birth control pills at the same time of the first one everyday would my birth control pills still be work and how long do you have to wait before you can have unprotected sex(how long do you have to wait for birth control pills to take effect)
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011