How is the staph infection contracted? Bumps on the chest

if i touched my grandpa for 10 seconds giving him a hug skin to skin and he has staph, but a small trace left, could i have gotten it, and my grandma just got out of heart surgery a week or 2 ago, and i touched her hand, could she get it? and could it kill her? im so worried please respond fast.
I rubbed hand sanitizer all over where my skin came in contact with after touching grandma's hand, and i disinfected my bed/clothes i am wearing now and washed my hands, could i still get it? I do have small bumps on my chest where the skin met skin. and he is currently taking the last week of antibiotics to stop it.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013