1. Granuloma is a group of immune cells that form when the body is trying to eliminate foreign substances and if for some reason the body is unable to remove them then a group of cells are formed around the foreign substance to protect the body [calcified granuloma suggests a granuloma with calcium deposits.They typically cause no signs or symptoms and they don't require any treatment.] presently if it is giving pain [infection??] then initially a conservative treatment is followed by keeping the area clean, with local antibiotic
ointment and systemic oral antibiotics
along with anti allergic are prescribed. [see your Doctor regarding that].
2.An injection granuloma occurs when a medication is inadvertently injected into the fat rather than the muscle, if there is no relief,you may need to have it excised and repaired properly. This can only be decided after proper examination of the lesion by a surgeon.
3. Forteo [teriparatide] is a recombinant parathyroid hormone
used to treat osteoporosis
by increasing new bone formation [ Forteo increased bone density by an average 2.6% in total hip] which means that you were deficient with serum calcium or Vitamin D and diseases like Paget's disease, high levels of calcium and alkaline phosphatase
,hyperparathyroidism;or kidney stones were ruled out.
1. because you are taking forteo in injectable form it can also further aggravate the problem.
2. teriparatide caused an increase in the incidence of osteosarcoma [malignant bone tumor] that was dependent on dose and treatment (9 months) duration, thus make check with your Surgeon regarding this possibility also.
3. make sure that SLE is not causing inflammatory arthritis
of the hip and causing pain [evaluate with a orthopedic surgeon or Rheumatologist] because people with LUPUS are on long term steroid medicines which may destroy the ball of the hip and cause avascular necrosis