How is neck tenderness treated ?

my neck is tender on the right side of my adams apple, only when I touch it. Almost feels like it is right where you would take your pulse . it has become less tender over a few days but still tender. no sharp pains. What is this?
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be a painful lymph node. Are you able to feel like any swelling in neck. Are you feeling difficulty in swallowing. If your answer is yes then i would suggest you to show it to a ENT specialist. Apply diclofenec ointment and take Brufen tablet meanwhile. Also do not use a very big pillow.