How is my BP & weight, is it bad or good ?

hello I'm a 33 year old male 272 lbs and my bp is 160/89 is this bad ?
Asked On : Wed, 7 Jul 2010
i can tell you your realy overweight so i dont think it is a good bp
I'm a 33 year old male 272lbs 7.2 feet tall and my bp is 160/89 is this bad?
I do alot of sports and if you do that, natually your Bloodpressure goes up... normally i´m 76 and when I´m at the doctors i always get nervous and it goes up to 166!
Any BP over 140 is Bad! Work out, go easy on the salt and sugar, plus the smoking if you do that.
my blood pressure is 172/101 earlier it was 1588/115
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.yes your BP is high and you are very much overweight.You must reduce weight on priorty basis as this may lead to diabetes and arthritis also.Once all these diseases are there you will have high morbidity and multiple associated problems.For reduction of weight you consult a dietician as that will give serious and professional approach to your weight reduction.Good luck.