Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,
There are lot of things you have to understand here regarding hair loss and use of minoxidil
1) females should not use 5% minoxidil for long .It can lead to side effects.
2) You can start with 5% ,but then switch over to 2% .
3) with use of minoxidil ,you would see the response only after 2 and a half months only and not before that.
4) initially you may show some hair loss.
5) minoxidil alone may not help in all the case ,so one has to find the exact cause of hair loss in your case and treat.
6) you may need other supplements too.
7) minoxidil has good response ,only if used for long.
There are lot of causes of hair loss in females ,so consult a dermatologist
first find out the cause and treat accordingly.