How is it possible to have fluid in the middle ear with a long term tube in place ?

How is it possible to have fluid in the middle ear with a t tube in place? Currently I have a long term t tube and it is still there, (this is year 9). However, recently I have been having the sensation of fullness which I generally equate with ear infection . I went to the ER and the dr on call assured me there was fluid but it was not infected. I then saw my family dr who told me the same thing and has made a referral to my ENT. In the meantime this is incredibly annoying. When I lay down the fluid shifts. If I move my head, it shifts and I feel blocked. It s awful!
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012