How frequently peripheral neuropathy is caused by psychosomatic illness, if the patient has psychiatric health in check ?

I know that these days a psychosomatic diagnosis for illness , especially any involving chronic pain and other issues that don t fit into an obvious diagnosis, is common. I also know that if a patient has an underlying anxiety disorder , doctors often jump to the psychosomatic diagnosis, because to them, it seems the most obvious. I agree with Occam s razor myself, but I don t agree with this if a patient exhibits chronic pain accompanied by other long term health issues, especially if that patient follows a healthy diet and exercise program and has their anxiety under control. I know how the human brain can effect the physical body, but I d like to know how frequently peripheral neuropathy is caused by psychosomatic illness, if the patient has their psychiatric health in check?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012