How early can we determine the existence of twins? Blurred object on pelvic scan found

Hi Doctor, My wife had been diagnosied with PCOS after two mismarriages(miaaes abortion ). our doctor has put her on merformin 3 months ago and now she is pregnent. Yday we went for first scan and doctor could hear the heratbeat and recorded a CRL-8.9mm through pelvic scan. Dr was also confused and was saying the there is one more blur thing but she can t confirm it..she said it can be twins. Now my question early we can know the existance of twins? also if one grows and one doesn t, are we prone to miscarriage? we are really afraid whether we will loose this time also.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012