How does hormone affect regular periods ?

for the first time ever my roommates period has not been regular. could this be because of hormones?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Nov 2010
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
your hormones wont affect your room mates peroid, there may be many causes for irregular peroids from stress to many diseases like hypo/hyperthyroidism, many other diseases, consult your gynecologist if this continues.
thank you.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The irregular periods can be due to hormonal imbalance;thyroid problems;PCOS;so please tell her to get investigated and consult a Gynaecologist and she will give her medicine for the periods o come.