How do I know if my water is broken? Have bad pains. Why?

hi i am 37 weeks & 1day pregnant 4cm dilated and also 60% effaced yesterday i went to the hospital because i didnt no if my water had broken or what the nurse was so rude she laid me stright back for 10mins looked at a pad she had me to lay on then said well you been here for 20mins you have had only 2 contractions she said she didnt see any fluids on the pad then she goes on to say here are your discharge papers you can put your clothes on to go home..after i had explained my pain to her after i had notice my clothes was wet yesterday i have been having really bad pains it even hurts when the baby moves my mother demand that she checked me & the nurse said that i was 4cm dilated 60% effaced...why was i sent home & could i be going into labor
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012
hi, this is a true labour pain. i didnot understood how you could make out cervical dilatation and effacement. you are in labour and should meet obstetrician immediately. all the best.