How do I help my mother as she is over protective ?

I am 17 years old and I live in Ashland, Kentucky. I would like to have confidentiality with my gynecologist . I ve heard something about hippa laws but know nothing about them. I was sure that because of my age I could have confidentiality with my doctor but my mother always goes back with me and gives them her contact information rather than my own so my doctor calls her with results and such. What can I do to solve this problem.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Your mother is protective about you as any other mother because she thinks u r still young.U need to take your mom in confidence.I do understand your curiosity about your own problem but your mom must b doing it for your sake.I dont think there is any relation between HIPAA and your problem.HIPAA is health insurance law about which dnt have much idea.Take care.