How do I get rid of Charlie horses which turn up only on exercising ?

I’m 24 years old and have been having Charlie horses for the past 3 months. I started getting them only in my legs while exercising however I will now get them randomly during the day in my legs and arms. I changed my diet about 4 weeks ago thinking that would help so I started drinking more water, about 7 8oz glasses of water plus milk every day. I also eat started eating a lot of fruits and vegetables.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Since you get muscle spasms in your calves, it could be due to electrolyte or calcium deficiency. Along with drinking more water, see that your diet is rich in fruits and vegetables which are rech in electrolytes as well. Eat eggs, chicken, lean meat soya bean, pulses, nuts for proper calcium level as well. Do warm up before exercising, take frequent short breaks in your exercise.