How do I get relief from dryness in throat ?

sir, I have been consulting doctor and geting treatment for the above problems. But it never reliefs from that.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Apr 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Tenzin, as your symptoms are indicating towards a sore throat or acute /chronic pharyngitis .To start with take plenty of sips of water,take some antireflux agents and avoid spicy foods. If you dont get relief then, I would suggest you to go for a broad spectum antibiotics if it is of short duration but if it is of long duration then you should go for a throat swab culture, thyroid function test , video laryngoscopy and X ray - PNS to rule out any involvement of sinuses.