How do I check if my diagnosis for Annular Tear L5-S1 with fragmented narrowing is correct or not ?

I have been diagnosed as having an Annular Tear L5-S1 with varying degrees of fragmented narrowing. Mild to moderate degenerative disk disease. I was deny a position because of medical restrictions. I was told that I could not lift more than 25lbs, and could not work in bent over positions. During routine daily life I perform these activities with no significant problems, only a little stiffness went bent over, but it subsides when I stand upright. This does not occur on a daily basis. I am wondering if the diagnosis was inaccurate, or could the restrcitions be too extreme?
Asked On : Wed, 18 May 2011