How could my daughter be treated of her bowel movements ?

My 6 year old daughter had a sluggish colon when she was about 2 years old. We took her to see a specialist for it and he had us give her a fiber laxitive which we gave her Miralax for about a year and a half. she has not had any for over 2 years now and she now has and has had runny bowel movements. Sometimes she ll have some doops of poop, but it s usually runny, not like Diarriah. She starts 1st grade in a couple of weeks and we can t get her to poop on the potty because she s too loose. How can we firm up her Bowel Movements so she can go on the potty?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Aug 2011

Welcome to HCM.
First of all get her stool examined for any pathology. If Stool examination proves every thing is normal, then there is nothing much to worry about. Give her more of solid food than liquid diet, add egg preparation in her meals with green vegetables and fresh fruits. See to it that basic hygiene measures are observed while feeding the child, taking special care to use clean plates and clean spoon, hands etc.
General & Family Physician Dr. Andrew Rynne MD's  Response
Hi there. Welcome to Healthcare magic. How long have your daughter's BMs been loose
please? Has there been any radical change of diet like lots of fruit for example? Are you in the same location -- been away on holidays? This should be easy enough to sort out. Thanks for you question. It may be a few hours before I can get back to you.

Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum