How come it hurt after i took my tampon out ?

I ve been using tampons for a while now and the other day, i went to take mine out. it hurt when i was pulling it out and it still hurt after for about a half an hour and then went away. my period wasnt very heavy that day though. What should i do?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Using same tampoon for a long time and infrequent changing leads to higher chances of infection and might lead to the pain associated with its use.There is nothing much to worry as the pain has subsided. Now next time take care to change it more frequently.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal