How can we rate the health situation of a non diabetic person and a diabetic person with sugar level controlled with medicines and exercise ?

Recently I have been detected as Diabetic. After taking medicine, Regular Exercise and Diet control now my sugar level is under control. I wanted to know whether I am still prone to ill effect of Diabetes on other part of my body or I am 100% safe now. How can we rate the Health situation of a non diabetic person and a Diabetic person with sugar level controlled with Medicine/Exercise etc. ? Whether both will have equal life considering all other parameter fix.
Asked On : Wed, 22 Jun 2011