How can we cure an inflamed heart and did the medicines taken during the treatment reduced the growth rate ?

my baby was born premature at 29 weeks and weighing 1kg. he was diagonised with an inflamed heart at 5 months and was put on digoxin, carvedilol, enalalpril and lasix which he uses until today. a chest specialist also put him on lansec, budecourt and ventolin inhallers though he is not athsmatic. he said that the baby has a whissing chest. he has been hospitalized on 6 occassions with pneumonia . he does not gain weight and is a very poor feeder. his growth is very slow. he is 1year two months now but can not crowl or support himself when standing. reasently i saw a cardiologist who told me that budecourt is used to treat athsma and can cause staunted growth if used for long so i was told to discontinue the use of budecourt, ventolin and lansec. could the continuous use of these drugs which he has used for 6 months have caused his low growth rate. reasently the baby has improved and is alert and more active. does this heart condition have a cure. his heart has no structural defect apart from the swelling on the left side. thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jul 2011