How can this scar in my daughters face be removed permanently ?

Pink scar on 3 yrs long it will take to completly go away? My 3 yrs old daughter got a scar on her face 4 months ago by nail skretch. The wound was not deep but after 2 days when scar shed off it left pink color mark on her face which is still persists after 4 months and fade a little. Her doctor said to leave it; it will fade and go back to normal skin tone of its own but i really concern about it. I also used Mederma on it but it didn t help. I am using cocoa butter and vitimin e gel capsules on it . I want her scar to go away completely.....what should i do for it? How long it will take to fade away completely?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Hi madiha,
Thanks for query,
As it is nail scratch scar,it may not so deep so you do not worry, gradually it will be ok.
The local cream and cocoa butter and vit e gel you are using is perfect and continue.
ok and bye.
Hello: Like your Doctor said, scars like that ( small, for scratch, without skin elevations) go away by itself , maximum, in children , it can take some time, 8- 12 weeks, the pink color become progressively in the color of her face, you can use to help a medication you can find over the counter in USA, Hydrocortisone 1 % ( cream) twice a day for 2 weeks, and Cetaphil ( moisturizing lotion) on a daily bases after the shower, avoid sun exposition after Hydrocortisone application, Hydrocortisone is a low potency steroid, than can be used for a short period of time, without problems, if after 2 weeks with the cream the scar has not gone my recommendation is to see a Dermatologist, Best wishes