How can these bumps which looks like white heads be removed ?

my sixteen year old has bumps on both upper arms that looks like white heads. She has had them for a very long time and we are unsure what and how to treat them. Please help!
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Sounds like Keratosis Pilaris... otherwise known as "Chicken Skin." Here is a link with some options for treatment. There is no cure, but can be treated to help minimize them. I have this as well, I know how frustrating it can be and embarrassing at times too. I do know that personally they tend to fade somewhat during the summer if I spend enough time outside. I have them on my arms and legs. These are the 2 creams my doc suggested I use and I have used both.
Amlactin 12% Moisturizing Cream
Lac-Hydrin 5 Lotion, With Alpha Hydroxy Acid for relief of Dry Skin