How can the back pain of my wife be cured which she is having after delivery ?

Hi, my wife is having a stiff back from last night and could not sleep for a single minute. She is a mother of 6 months old boy. The pain is so much that she is not able to sit down/bend or even lift the baby to feed him. Request your valuable advise to prescribe some tablet for her to get releif for the pain. Her age is 30 and she is 5 feet tall and her weight is 46 kg.
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
she should consult an ortho and go in for an XRAY.
did the pain start suddenly or it was after some kind of injury.

Hi Harish

Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

I advise you to visit your Doctor immediately to get examined and see if there is no trauma.Meanwhile she can take a Paracetmol or Aceclo MR with Pan 40 for immediate pain relief.She should also get a Hot pack applied to her back.Please make sure she visits her Doctor as early as possible.