How can severe dry mouth be treated?

I finished a 2 week course of Amoxicillin 500 mg 2 bid and Biaxin 500mg 1 bid. five days ago.
While on this med (Biaxin) I experienced the worst taste in my mouth, like sucking on a hand full of pennies. It was just horrible.Now that I am off the meds for five days my mouth is beyond dry. I have no saliva what so ever and can handle talk. It's making me sick to my stomach. I tried Biotene today, mouth wash and mouth spray. Even that did not help.
PLease help
Asked On : Mon, 4 Sep 2017
Dentist 's  Response
Hi...
Thanks for the query..

As you were taking antibiotics for a long duration, therefore there is a possibility that you have got yeast infection in mouth causing oral thrush that is a common cause of dry mouth especially after antibiotic therapy..
Metallic taste is a side effect of antibiotic intake..
So first of all you should consult an Oral Physician and get checked that whether you have a white coating over the tongue or not.
As far as metallic taste is concerned it will gradually resolve on its own..
You should consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated.
For now you can start chewing sugarfree chewing gums, use mouth lubricants like Oral Gel, and clean your tongue using a tongue scraper..
You can also continue Biotene..

Hope this helps..

Regards.