How can redness and sore gums be cured caused by keeping whiskey for long hours in mouth ?

About five days ago I was drinking whiskey and for some unknown reason (?) I decided to keep the whiskey in my mouth to kill bacteria , I know I was wrong now. I don t know how long I kept the whiskey in my mouth but I probably did it at least twice for twenty minutes each time. The next day I didn t notice much difference and didn t even remember the incident but as the day went on I noticed that I was having gum pain on eating. The next day things got worst, I look at my gums with a mirror and notice they were burnt looking all on the inside of my mouth where I held the whiskey. White dead skin was coming off and I had very red sore gums around the base of my teeth on the bottom and top insides where the liqueur was. I nursed this condition for four days with warm salt water rinses three times a day and ate only soft non-chewable foods. Now after 5 full days my gums look better but still some red patches that are very sore. The redness is not as vivid as it was a few days ago but the pain is excruciating and has not subsided much. Ibuprofen isn t helping much. Bottom line most of my gums are looking better and slightly less pain except one spot that hurts constantly no matter what I do, it s red in this area covering about three teeth at the gum line, (number 30 and teeth next to it). If I didn t have the non-stop pain I wouldn t be writing, I can t sleep, eat or do much without constant pain. Any suggestions? It s been five full days. I haven t drank any alcohol since and don t plan on it after this episode. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012