How can re-damaged hernia be diagnosed ?

how can I tell if I have re-torn a hernia I had surgery to repair
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jul 2011
Recurrence after hernia operation is a well known entity in 2-3% of patients ,who have chronic cough ,constipation,benign enlargement of prostate. .Its reappearance of swelling with positive cough reflex.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
There would be symptoms like pain , worsening on cough , swelling , more on cough.You would have the symptoms of hernia recurring.Physical examination by your Surgeon can definitely diagnose it.
Please mention why you feel so ?What are your symptom? with these details I can give you a better advice.
You can provide these details as comment to this reply or feel free to mail me.