How can oral ulcers be treated ?

what is the treatment of recurrent oral ulcers ?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Dentist 's  Response

Aphthous ulcers occur due to stress and vitamin deficiency. You can use Dologel/Mucopain ointment 4-5 times a day 10 mins before having food. The initial stage of developing an aphthous ulcer is a red spot with tingling sensation. Application of ointment at that stage itself prevents it from developing into ulcer.Do take vitamin supplements.
Tab.Albendazole only once at night for one day
Then Cap.Becosules (1----0) x 15 days
Kindly check your Haemoglobin
Dentist Dr. Srividya Rao Vasista's  Response
Hi there,

LEXANOX is the latest treatment for oral ulcers.

Along with all the steps suggested by all the above Drs try using this too.
Attention to general health,reducing habits(smoking/pan etc) if any & plenty of fluid intake is also beneficial.

Thanks & Take care
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, there is only symptomatic treatment for oral ulcers. Oral ulcers recur due to stress, vitamin deficiency, sharp teeth or restorations etc. Please take multivitamin supplements for prevention. when ulcers do occur, apply Mucopain and Hexigel ointments alternatively 3-4 times a day for 5-7 days. Avoid spicy food and go for a complete oral check up to see if you have any sharp teeth or restorations. Take care!